Battlezone Comes Full Circle
The original Battlezone of the 1980's was the first 3-D computer game ever. Remember the view finder? Now Activision presents the next revolutionary Battlezone - the first truly immersive first-person, action-strategy game where you command your troops from the battlefield.
Full-Blown 3-D Warfare: Pilot oneof 20 anti-gravity war machines equipped with weapons of destruction: mortars, mines and the devastating Thumper Device, which launches a Richter-heavy ground quake over the morphable terrain.
Full Strategic Control: You are the supreme commander of more than 30 unique units, including tanks, infantry and mobile assault turrets. Build bases, deploy forces, manage resources and build your empire, all from the pilot's seat of your tank.
Realistic First-Person Combat Action: Ship shot down? Bail out, parachute to safety, then use your sniper rifle to take out an enemy pilot and steal the ship for sweet revenge. Switch vehicles right on the battlefield of one of seven distinct moons or planets.
Revolutionary Technology: The game features full D3D support and a quick software rendering engine which incorporates actual images from NASA space expeditions.
Multiplayer Melees: Pick your poison: wage multiplayer mayhem in full Strategy Mode via LAN, modem or Internet. Or battle with up to seven others in Deathmatch Mode.
- 100% Microsoft Windows 95 compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, and input devices)
- Pentium 120 Mhz (Pentium 166 Mhz recommended for 640x480 resolution with textures on)
- 16 MB RAM
- U.S. version Microsoft Windows 95 operating system
- Requires DirectX 5 (included) or later version
- Requires 160 MB of uncompressed hard drive space for game files, 50 MB for the Windows swap file, and (optional) 25 MB for HEAT
- Double-speed CD-ROM drive (300 K/second sustained transfer rate)
- 16-bit High Color video card with minimum 1 MB RAM
- 100% Windows 95 compatible soundcard and drivers
- 100% Windows 95 compatible mouse and driver
- Modem play requires 100% Windows 95 compatible 28.8Kbps modem or faster
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (IPX) play also supported
- 100% Windows 95 compatible joystick optional
3D Cards Optional Feature - This game uses Microsoft's Direct 3D to support 3D hardware acceleration. It has been tested on many but not all of the major cards incorporating the chipsets listed below.
Chipsets tested as of ship: 3Dfx, Rendition, ATI Rage Pro, Nvidia Riva 128, PowerVR, Permedia 2
Important Note - Requires your system to have the latest Windows 95-compatible drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, and input devices.